Developmental and Recreational Riding: Developmental and/or recreational riding programs serve individuals with disabilities who do not require the intervention of a medical specialist such as a physical, occupational or speech therapist. Individuals with emotional and/or behavioral disabilities, mild-moderate communication delays or physical disabilities, participate in a variety of developmental or recreational riding programs. Participants range in age from 4-70 years of age. These programs include:
- Ride-On: Equine assisted activity for adults with developmental disabilities
- Peanuts: Developmental riding programs for children 4-8
- Advanced Kids and Horses: transitional program for youth completing basic Kids and Horses
- Ride-Tall: Summer recreational program for community youth 6-9 through a partnership with the city of Salmon recreation program.
- Lead-On: In-hand trail class for mother’s of youth enrolled in Kids and Horses
- Leg Up: Equine assisted program for adults with mild emotional or physical needs.